Ramblings

People says I complain alot. But infact I dont. I just like to share...

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Stacey Kent...

Wooooo... I dont know what happened to me these days. I just cant stop buying CDs! Maybe Iam truly nuts. Was not working today and yesterday so had a grand time resting my sorry ass. Well... Today decided to go down to Sg. Wang to jalan jalan. WAHLAU! Long time didnt go down there and I was unprepared by the assault of the Longkangs! Yeah man. Really one. Nosebleed seeing all those fair fair skin man... Fuiyooo... Hahaha, now I sounds like a total perv... Eh.. Maybe Iam one??? :P

Well, was at Victoria Music Station and bought Stacey Kent's Boy Next Door album. Been wanting this album for quite some time liao. Only now found it. Maybe most music store dont carry them. Yeah man. Not many people listen to her too... But what to do, Iam a fool for her voice. I love her very much... Too bad she is married to Jim Tomlinson. Hahahaa... Anyway, earlier last week, I bought one of her SACD Stacey Kent Collection 1. It sounded crap on my setup. Bwahahha... Its not that something is wrong with the CD, but my setup is not capable of playing it perfectly so there are something lacking. Like seperations, vocals and details. Yeah man, the SACD is very detail. Got it for RM88. Also bought another CD, Chesky's Sara K. Best of. Kinda hard to play too. MAybe it could be the setup again. But I havent got the time to sample it yet, just a simple skim thru. So today spent somemore to get her CD and also Bobby Chen Audiophile CD. Another great CD. Most of the dude who listens to that CD surely fall in love with him....

Anyway, I also checked out the iPod Shuffle. It was pretty affordable so I went to check it out. I had a brush with the original iPod. The one without the flashy color screen and such. The first time I tried it out, the sound coming from it was fantastic. I fell in love with it. It offers very good sound reproduction from a compressed format. But the price was pretty pricey. If Iam not wrong, it was about 1K odd when it was launched. I was a poor student back then. So not much money to spend. Well, the iPod was pretty basic with a LCD screen to let you know your selection, your controls and such, and the infamous round controller of the iPod. It was pretty cool then... So fast forward a few years later, iPod came out with the Shuffle. An affordable piece of work. Very simple machine, a slide toggle for the on off function, mix or shuffle play. It comes with a battery indicator where when you push it the light will light up, green for ok, yellow for so so and red for "hey dude, its time for a recharge" and also the famous round controller... So what happen is that I tried it out. At the 1st song, the reproduction was crap. Wahlau! Reviews says it sounded better than the earlier brethen?! Somethign must be wrong. So I skipped to another song and huh?! It sounded the same?! At that point, I plug out and told the salespersons. Great stuff... And enquired about the optional Bose Headphone. Friggin hell... The headphone cost RM1499... Wonder if it comes with a blowjob. ANother good function is that, the Shuffle can be used as a thumb drive(Its basically the size of a thumb drive) And I dont think I wanna go for a second opinion, its better to stick to somethign cheaper that produce the same reproduction. Afterall it works the same but at a lower price. I was soooo tempted to get the Shuffle :-(

A fren recommended Samsung... Hmmm.. Wonder whats the model like...

Well... Thats all folks... Hahaha.. OHyeah, the nosebleed... Muahahahaa... ;-P

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home